CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 14, 2011

In Children News...


Orrin and Leila have grown so much in the last few months. It is crazy how quickly it goes. I can hardly remember Leila as a newborn baby, let alone Orrin. He is such a great big brother and loves his sister so much. We have been trying to get him to go on the big boy potty and recognize that he needs to go, and he does really well when we are at home. He loved to wear his Buzz Lightyear underwear and will bring them to me first thing in the morning. I usually will put him in a diaper right before his nap and for bed time as we haven't started working on night time potty. He has started to talk so well and form really good sentences. He loves to say his prayers and night and read his books. He is the worst eater I know (still weighs 34 lbs though... pretty good for a non-eater,) I try so hard to get him to eat but he just refuses to try new things. I have tried everything and he is slowly getting better, but I have a feeling I will fight this forever! He loves movies, really any movie that he can some what grasp or has kids and/or animals in it. Just a few of his favorites are The Secondhand Lions, Little Rascals, Toy Story, and the new favorite is Megamind. He has also started to realize that some things scare him in movies and he will hide under his blanket. He is such a spitting image of Todd in every aspect. He loves to be outside, loves loaders and daddy's truck, and loves showing everyone how fast he can run. I love Orrin so much and he loves to tell us how much he loves us as well.

As for my sweet little Leila she has grown WAY too fast. She is now almost nine months old and I feel terrible for slacking so much on this blog. Within the last few months she has started to do so many fun things. Just tonight she started to say "MAMA," and it makes me so happy to hear her say it. I am hoping when she wakes up tomorrow she will remember who her favorite is and say it again in front of Todd (I'm just kidding, she lights up every time he comes home!) She has been crawling since New Year's Eve, and standing and walking along furniture since we left for Mexico. I really don't want her to walk, but know its coming because anything she can use to push across the house while walking she does. She loves Orrin so much, and gives him so many kisses throughout the day. She is very affectionate and very much a little girl as far as feelings are concerned. She will have to learn to be pretty tough skinned around all of the Capps' cousins though! She is a wonderful eater and eats ANYTHING!! She loves green beans (just like daddy,) and anything that we are eating she wants. She has even started to make like grunting, "MMM," sound when we aren't fast enough. She is bottle-fed now and will down a 10 oz. bottle in nothing flat. I have had to buy a can of formula every week, I don't remember every buying that much with Orrin. She weighs about 18 lbs 2 oz and is pretty tall for being so petite. She has the sweetest little features, and has started to look so much like Orrin, (darn I thought for sure she would look like me!!) She is finally beginning to get her hair back; however, much lighter than it was when she was born. You can also now see her tiny birthmark on the base of hairline. Little Leila has brought such a calm and sweet spirit into our home and I love her dearly.
I am so grateful for being in trusted with the care of this two sweet kids. They are such light in a life of such darkness. I enjoy watching them grow individually and build a strong bond as siblings. I never though my love could grow more that what I felt for them the day they were born, but it has grown in so many ways and with such multitude! I hope to post more regularly and post some decent pictures when I get them off my laptops hard drive. With that I leave you with a cute little picture of the kids cuddling.

0 comments: