CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Sweet Leila




Leila is a little over two months old, it is so hard for me to believe. She has been such a great baby and we are so blessed to have her in our life's. She is truly a sweet spirit in our home and is always so calm in reminds us how simple life can be. She had her doctors appointment yesterday and that was hard for both of us because she had to get her shots. They gave her three shots as well as the rotovirus vaccine. She had such a hard time all day because her little legs hurt, she would wake up just screaming and the only thing that would calm her was a warm bath. She has grown so much and the car seat pictures (thanks Crystal and Racheal for the idea,) are proof. Leila weighed in at 11 lbs. 2 oz., 22 3/4 " long, and her head circumference was 15". It is funny to me how similar Orrin and Leila are, both head measurement and weight were the exact same and Orrin was only 1/4" taller than her. She has started to smile when you talk to her, especially when Todd does. She also loves her brother and just smiles whenever he tells her little stories or shows her his toys. I have a feeling they will be best friends. She has grown out of newborn diapers, but is still in her newborn clothes. Leila also loves to talk and coo at you, I love listening to her talk to daddy. She still fits nicely in her bassinet and I am thankful for that, not only does she fit but she sleeps ALL NIGHT in it without waking up. She hates being in her car/car seat, as long as it is moving she is ok in it, but once the car stops she screams even if she looked like she was sleeping. We started to put her in her bumbo and she loves it already just like Orrin did, I think it is because she gets to look around. Can't believe how quickly it has gone by, but boy do I love our sweet little girl. I'm excited to watch her little personality show through and share it with you.

0 comments: