CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fourth of July










We had a very fun-filled weekend to celebrate the 4th of July. It included a ton of family, a ton of fireworks, and most importantly a TON of good food. On the fourth we went to church and then that night went to my brother and sister-in-laws home to watch the fireworks and enjoy company. Orrin had an absolute blast and was so excited for the fireworks, he sat in Todd's lap the entire time and would say "wow," to every firework he saw or heard. Leila of course just slept the whole time, which I think is all she did in my tummy as well because she hardly moved. We then went over to my parents and had a little firework show there, Orrin liked those even better because Uncle Zachie did them. The following night we went to my mother and father-in-laws house for the annual 4th of July celebration they always put on. This year there was an entire roasted pig to eat along with many side dishes. Todd was in charge of the firework show and it was spectacular. Orrin of course loved those as well and could hardly hold still because he wanted to be out helping daddy. Again another quite day with sweet little Leila, but we did manage to get a few pictures of them in their outfits. Onto the fun we had this week. I took Leila to get her newborn pictures and I can not wait to see them all. It was quite the day and I am so grateful that my mom could be there to help with Orrin. Leila of course did pretty well, except for maybe the first 30 minutes. I couldn't believe when I looked at the clock that we had been there for three hours, but it was so worth it. I had the family over for dinner and made a very yummy cake. Orrin got a little carried away being "Cookie Monster," and after seeing the mess he made I had to take a picture! We also decided to get Orrin a little pool and slip n' slide, which he loves! I have to watch him very carefully as he loves to run and jump in the pool. I am so glad that summer is actually here to stay and we have had such decent weather. I have a feeling we will be spending many unforgettable hours out in the sun!

0 comments: