CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's A Campout






On July 23rd, we headed of to go camping at Redfish Lake. We were unsure if Todd was even going to be able to go so I hadn't been planning for it, so as soon as we found out I got my lists together and got stared on packing. We went last year with Orrin and it was a lot easier to pack for a 10 month old then it is to pack for TWO children, one of those being a newborn. We were very lucky to get to stay in a camper trailer from 1985, The Taurus, but I think that was more difficult then just packing up a tent and heading out. Friday morning rolled around and I had everything packed... I thought... as we got on the road pulling this camper trailer which didn't make things easy Todd asked if I had sleeping bags and pillows, UMM NOOO! Who needs those things when camping anyways, so after getting in a little trouble Todd turned the trailer around and we headed back 3/4 of a mile to get just what I forgot. On the road again we once were headed on the two hour drive with trailer in tow. I was so excited to finally make it up there, Leila slept the ENTIRE time and Orrin was the best he has ever been on a ride in the car. We stopped at the cabin had lunch and headed to Redfish to set-up. Todd got the tent set up that him and Orrin would sleep in, while I managed to get 7 mosquito bites on one arm in that time. I got Leila and my blow up mattress set on top of the dining room table in the Taurus. We soon slathered on the sun screen and headed down to the rocky beach to play in the cold water and bask in the sun. This is how we spent the next two days. Playing in the sun, catching minnows, eating until we were stuffed, sitting around the camp fire singing PUNK to my brother-in-law rocking it on the acoustic guitar, and me getting my blood sucked by those darn mosquitoes. It was a wonderful weekend and I was sad to load up and head back knowing that was probably the only time we would go camping this year. I added a few pictures of the trip, but didn't take as many as I wanted.

0 comments: